Today on Renewable Energy Blog we want to continue talking about the importance of the advantages and disadvantages of renewable energy, which exert influence in our lives and how necessary they are for normal, healthy functioning of the Earth. In this case we will talk about solar energy .
Introduction to solar energy
When we talk about solar energy, we refer to solar thermal and solar PV:
- Solar thermal energy is to heat a fluid using the energy of the sun, which would produce steam and then electricity. This is achieved through the collectors or solar collectors.
- In solar photovoltaics , sunlight have an effect on a photovoltaic cell produces electricity directly.
Advantages of solar energy
When we think of solar energy, there are many advantages that come to our head, it seems that this type of energy are offered day after day with the sunrise and, being Spain a place so favored by this star becomes a type of energy that could be described as interesting.
- The most important advantage of all is that this energy does not pollute.
- To be talking about solar energy we can say that is an inexhaustible source.
- It is an ideal system for harnessing energy to areas where the power lines do not reach (rural, mountainous islands) or is difficult and costly to transfer.
- Solar collection systems that are commonly used are easy to maintain, which makes your choice.
- The cost decreases as the technology progresses, while the cost of fossil fuels increases over time because more and more scarce.
- The only investment is the initial cost of the infrastructure, it does not require any fuel for its operation, and puada amortized over 5 years of implantation.
- Photovoltaic solar energy does not require any additional space occupied, it can be installed on roofs and buildings.
- The availability of solar energy reduces dependence on other countries for energy supplies of the population.
- It is a sector that promotes job creation, necessary for the manufacture of solar cells and panels, as for installation and maintenance of the same.
Disadvantages of solar energy
When we think of the disadvantages of this type of renewable energy, often costing much more to think about anything in particular except that aesthetically, it is not particularly nice when you decide to install it in the fields.
- In addition, the radiation level of this energy varies from one area to another, and so it is between one season and another, which may not be as attractive to the consumer.
- When deciding to use solar power for a significant portion of the population, large tracts of land are needed, which makes this type of energy is chosen.
- In addition, another drawback is that initially requires a strong economic investment that many consumers are not willing to risk
- Many times it should complement this method of converting energy with others, such as hot water systems and heating, require a pump to circulate the fluid.
- Places where there is more radiation are desert and remote areas (energy not fail to develop agricultural or industrial activity, etc …)
Solar power currently:
- In some countries, like Germany, solar energy playing a major role, in the late 80s and early 90s were launched several plans for the construction of solar power plants and solar roofs. Furthermore, the German government has encouraged the implementation of this type of energy and aid subvencionas.
- In Rajasthan (India), solar cookers have been built with the capacity to feed 1,000 people a day. The world’s largest solar cooker can serve 33,800 meals a day.
- Cyprus is the country with the most amount of solar energy produced per capita, and over 90% of its buildings contain solar thermal collectors.
- Greece is capable of supplying one in four people using solar energy, and solar energy facilities account for over 20% of all Europeans.
- In Israel, a law introduced 20 years ago, requires that buildings are equipped with solar collectors, which means that 85% of homes have solar energy.
- China is the country with the largest area of solar collectors installed, totaling 40% of all the sensors in the world would be in China.
Then we leave an explanatory video about solar energy to enjoy interactively on this type of renewable energy.
Video about solar energy:
Originally posted 2019-04-14 07:53:35. Republished by Blog Post Promoter