In a traditional LaTeX workflow, you would edit the LaTeX source compile the document also check the effects of your changes. Back in Compositor, the DVI viewer is your document editor – you type directly in the rendered document, and every keystroke is immediately represented. The origin editing and compilation steps are removed from the workflow. This not just gives you visual feedback, but it also ought to save you quite some time spent on compilation conducts.
No compilation runs. Compositor typesets and leaves your LaTeX document.
Compositor’s WYSIWYG user interface provides inspector boards a document outline, along with other conveniences you would expect from a modern word processor.
The app comes with its LaTeX distribution built in. You don’t have to install any extra software just to get going. This can be LaTeX without entrance barriers.
Source Editing When You Need It
There will be situations where you need direct access to the underlying LaTeX supply. Pressing Ctrl+S will start out an inline source editor revealing the LaTeX source supporting the file region you’re currently working on (frequently this is going to be the present paragraph). This ought to allow for a smooth migration expertise to this new paradigm, even with controls or environments for which there isn’t any dedicated graphical inspector (nevertheless ).
Automatic Package Installation
They are downloaded from CTAN if your file uses LaTeX bundles not bundled with an program. And if you are using packages not available it is possible to still provide them .
Compatible with Your Existing Function
Compositor reads and writes plain text .tex documents. This means it’s compatible with your existing LaTeX documents. There’s no doubt of any sort – you can change at any time between programs and Compositor, because there’s no proprietary file format.
Notice: current entrance price of $19 will grow to $29 after this calendar year, and also to $39 some time next year.
- Add ⌘+/- shortcuts for zooming in/out
- Add indentation checkbox to paragraph properties inspector
- “Select All” in source editor
- Cut/copy selection with formatting trait
- Delete text with format trait
- Bundle csquotes package together with the program
- Changing the section type wraps part in Exotic |…|
- “Show Source” menu item is always allowed #392
- App asks for folder consent when opening user guide
- Wrong choice colour in dark manner (under macOS 10.14)
- Opt out of shadowy mode (for today ) at macOS Mojave
- OS X 10.11 or later