How to create a beautiful corporate pattern?April 26, 2020
- What is a pattern? How is it different from rep and rhythm?
- Just how to utilize a pattern in layout?
- Fundamental fundamental aspects of patterns
- Just how to create a pattern yourself?
- If it’s time to develop a web site, then it’s time to recognize website design. And also creative thinking is challenging for everyone. You can resort to an experienced and also costly designer or a whole design studio to develop a specialist history for the site. Yet wait. Assess 2 points first:
How priority is the existence of a developer, expensive history image of a web resource at this phase of your business development?
Are you able to create a decent pattern yourself?
We suggest that you initially check on your own and learn just how to produce eye-catching and also top quality patterns for web design in a few mins. However initially, a little concept.
What is a pattern? How is it different from rep and rhythm?
Repetition, rhythm and also pattern are commonly perplexed. But there is a huge difference in the definitions of these terms. Because patterns make use of rep and also rhythm as devices for their awareness, allow’s look at these differences.
Repeating is preferred in website design. This is a simple way to draw in user interest by the resemblance of items with tiny distinctions that interest think about. Repeating is made use of in 2 situations:
Repeating in the image for the history is a layout method, which is formed due to a series of similar elements. Furthermore, each component of the total photo, although reminiscent of the others, is nevertheless unique as well as independent. This ends up being clearer with a familiar instance, so envision a staircase. Each of its steps is a different, new element, although it is extremely comparable to the others. Layout elements can differ in shade, dimension, or perhaps shape, but have at least something in common that continuously repeats itself. Hence, you can accomplish harmony in the design of the internet source.
Repetition in the location of the content is another way to use repetition on your resource. In addition to the background image, you can also find a permanent place for important page elements. Thanks to this, it is possible to greatly facilitate user fate. If the logo, menu button and any other necessary content are in the same place, both on the landing page and on the blog, for example, then it is much easier for the visitor to remember the sequence and faster to automate their actions on your site.
We well understand what rhythm is when we talk about its auditory perception. But what about visual rhythm? This is a common phenomenon that is transmitted by spacing objects. Thus, as many as 5 varieties of rhythm in design are determined:
1. A random rhythm is an arrangement of elements with a chaotic interval that preserves harmony. Thus, you can revive your design, but the main thing is not to overdo it so as not to harm the accessibility of the rest of the content.
2. Regular rhythm – strict adherence to the same distance between objects. This is a simple rhythm for the human eye, which is easy to get used to. And in order not to cause the visitor to yawn from boredom, introduce several bright accents into your design.
3. Alternating rhythm – this is similar to the formula: 1-2-1-2-1-2. Where between 1-2 and 2-1 the length of the distance is different. Thus, it is possible to trace the regularity of the arrangement of objects relative to each other, while the alternation of intervals dilutes the monochrome design.
4. Smooth rhythm – the arrangement of elements in such a way that a wave is formed. It contributes to the imitation of natural motifs: the flow of the river, a gust of wind, fluctuations in the grass – all this soothes well. But make sure that the visitor remains motivated enough to the desired action.
5. Progressive rhythm – one of the possibilities to recreate visual dynamics and movement. To do this, you need to change the distance between the design elements according to the gradation. Here you can also apply differences in the size of objects, shadows, lightening and other effects.
Unlike repetitions, the seamless pattern uses identical elements in a clear sequence. And comparing with the rhythm, it becomes obvious that the pattern is a much broader concept and uses varieties of intervals for its implementation. Consider 9 types of patterns:
1. Symmetric – such a balanced design is formed due to the mirroring of the elements. The level of symmetry can be completely different: from elementary to difficult to recognize.
2. Asymmetric – chaotic order of design elements. It is important to consider that, with all their diversity and asymmetry, objects should create a single harmonious image.
3. A spiral is a cycle of repeating elements. Creates a hypnotic experience. A motion-forming spiral can be associated with the growth and development of a company.
4. Grid – usually square or diamond-shaped figures superimposed on each other. The grid creates the right geometric pattern that focuses user attention.
5. Centralized – a great way to direct the visitor’s eyes to the content you need. Thus, the center is distinguished by brighter elements, and the peripheral components remain less noticeable.
6. Linear is another way to focus on what is important. Draw a line along the required information, indicating the correct sequence and priority.
7. Radial – another pattern with the geometric shape of a circle. Unlike a spiral, the elements of radial design do not twist, but come from the center, like petals from anther.
8. Clustering – this type of design involves the separation of elements into groups, each of which forms one large part of the pattern. Many of these groups or classes create a general view of the pattern.
9. Fractal – a symmetrical repetition and connection of small design details, which forms a slightly larger element. Since, for example, the bonding of small links creates a complete chain.
How to use a pattern in design?
Corporate pattern is useful not only for the design of a website. There are at least 6 ways to use it.
Patterns are very popular in web design and there are a number of reasons for this. First, they are easy to create using online services or editors. Secondly, repeating elements arrange the appearance of the pages. Now that you know how different types of patterns are, you can experiment with their shape to recreate the original design. Actual icons that match your business will help make the pattern truly unique. And if you want to add a little life to the image of your site, refer to the animation.
Want to create a logo with abstract patterns? Logaster online service has a huge database of icons with interesting patterns, come and pick your own.
Need an interesting logo to apply to your corporate pattern?
Create it quickly and efficiently with Logaster!
Patterns can beautify a corporate identity. Try to create a unique design to avoid duplication with competitors and ensure consistency between the specifics of your business and the pattern. To do this, study how the form affects the person, analyze what effect on the customers would be beneficial in your particular case, and determine your main element of the pattern for the corporate style.
Branded T-shirts, caps, sweaters, aprons, bathrobes, etc. You can also decorate with an interesting pattern. But, if you created an individual pattern, you are unlikely to find fabric with a similar print. Most likely, you will have to apply the image to an already finished model of clothing. Find out all the nuances of this process before ordering the service at random, so that the quality of work does not disappoint you and your colleagues after a short time, disfigured the look of the corporate uniform. After all, the neat appearance of employees increases customer loyalty and trust.
Office interior design
If your corporate identity still presupposes the presence of a pattern, then try to transfer it to the interior of the working building. Thus, the patterns in the room will attract the attention of your customers and tell them about the mood and specifics of your goods or services. In an office that is closed to visitors, a corporate identity can become a symbol of your company, which supports the team spirit and stimulates employees to work fruitfully. Corporate patterns can find a place on the walls, windows, mirrors, furniture, floor of your workroom. To do this, you can use paints, stickers, 3D figures, etc.
Packaging and labeling
Do not know how to attract buyers to your product from the supermarket counter? Yes, it’s sometimes difficult to compete with a variety of packaging and labels. Repeating forms are fascinating, moreover, they look stylish and unusual among uniform packages. Therefore, here, too, your pattern will find a place. Experiment with shapes, shapes, sizes, colors, effects, and other design elements. After all, every detail is able to influence the consumer and persuade him to buy.
In presentations, patterns play the part of guides. Thanks to their organization, you can create accessible information infographics. A sequence of elements helps you structure information by priority. Use different types of patterns to focus on your viewers to diversify your presentation. Use patterns also for a more decorative purpose. Design an unobtrusive background that dilutes the monotony of a standard white sheet.
Basic basic elements of patterns
Of course, you can use any icon as a fragment for the pattern, but since geometric patterns in web graphics are very popular, let’s look at the meaning and influence on the form of these basic elements.
Squares, rectangles, rhombuses look structurally. These figures set up rational thinking. Therefore, if you expect concentration and organization from your customers, and want to demonstrate your reliability to them, then quadrangles are exactly what you need.
The circle, oval, ellipse resemble a circle of like-minded people, in which all team members are open to each other and are ready to help. Such warm associations arise due to smooth and soft lines. If you plan to win over a client, then place a bet on round shapes.
If you need to demonstrate growth, movement and desire to win, then use the triangular figure in your pattern. Such a website design will set visitors to high results and motivate them to new achievements. It remains only to hint that it is you who will be able to help them achieve what they want.
Straight lines look neat and concise. In a busy world, the eyes themselves seek such harmony. But you should determine what effect you expect from your design. There is a difference in the location of the lines and their influence: vertical ones invigorate and inspire, and horizontal ones calm and relax.
How to create a pattern yourself?
Use online pattern generators
Online generators are the easiest way to create patterns, since most of them offer ready-made patterns in which you can make small edits. If you are looking for a simple background for the site, here are a few examples of generators that you can use.
The generator offers to create your own unique pattern thanks to only one lines, which in turn form quadrangles, by superimposing each other. And although this functionality may seem small, but on the site you can really create an interesting and high-quality pattern in a couple of minutes.
If you absolutely do not want to engage in design, then just enter the text. Yes, in such an amazing way you can get a new pattern. This generator just asks you to type, and after each new letter, it changes the pattern in the background. Just type the text and select the desired template.
Another free pattern generator with a convenient and intuitive interface. The base of templates on the site is impressive. The samples contain a wide variety of motifs, figures and icons. Moreover, each pattern can be edited by changing the color scheme, texture and overlay.
This is a simple background image generator. First select the base color, and then – the picture, adjust the intensity, noise and other effects. As a result, the service will generate for you a simple image that is perfect as a background image of a website.
Do not underestimate the lightweight, minimalist designs, because everything ingenious is simple. For example, how do you like the idea of combining five colors of various shades in one image, using only vertical stripes? First, look how skillfully the generator copes with these, and only then answer.
Use online editors to create patterns
Online editors often require artistic skills and experience using the program. But the repeating details of the patterns can be so small that you do not have to apply special knowledge.
Adobe Illustrator CS6 and later
When you download the program and open it, the interface may seem a little incomprehensible. This is not surprising, because Adobe Illustrator is a work tool for professionals and there is a lot of functionality. Therefore, we suggest you follow the step by step instructions so as not to get lost.
- If you want to create a pattern from scratch, then you need:
Launch a new canvas, select a graphic object that will form the basis of the pattern, and then click “Object”> “Pattern”> “Create”.
- If you need to edit a ready-made pattern, then you need to:
Go to the “Swatches” palette and double-click on it, and then click: “Object”> “Pattern”> “Edit Pattern”.
If you want to change or specify a new name for the pattern in the Pattern Settings dialog box.
Change other parameters if necessary:
- fragment type – the location of all elements;
- brick offset – the arrangement of fragments in a rectangular shape;
- width and height of fragments;
- overlay or effect;
- number of copies of fragments;
- copy shading – level of transparency of fragments;
- the edges of the fragment – the formation of a frame around the fragment;
The last is to save the pattern in the Swatches panel or discard the changes.
If you want to develop a background for your web resource in Adobe Photoshop, then be prepared that the abundance of different icons and functions here can also disorient. But do not abandon the original and high-quality design because of this, just follow 3 simple steps.
First you need to launch a new canvas of a small size (8×8 pixels), create an image that will now be duplicated;
Define the image as a pattern, and then click: “Edit”> “Define As Pattern”. If desired, you can change the name of the pattern for the convenience of further search.
In order to try out a new template, you need to open a new canvas. Then fill the pattern by clicking: “Edit”> “Fill”. Then, from the “Pattern” drop-down list in the “Fill” dialog box, you need to select the template you just created. Thus, the pattern is completely contoured on the canvas, and you just have to choose an interesting color scheme.
Another graphic editor that will help you create a high-quality background for the design of your web resource. We offer you to watch a video lesson, and learn how to make professional designs yourself
Your pattern, like a fingerprint, should be a unique symbol of your company. Examine your audience and take advantage of the types, shapes and colors that are most beneficial beneficial for your business? If you already know what your corporate identity should be like, then go to the generators or editors and implement your plan. And let the designers wait.