How to create your own WordPress blog – step-by-step instructionsMarch 25, 2020
The popularity of the Internet is growing rapidly, every day many new users are wondering: “how to create your blog for free?” Serious educational literature, specialized textbooks lonely gather dust apart – everyone is interested in getting a clear, concise and concise answer. Readers of the article “ How to create your own website ” – already could familiarize themselves with one of the available methods.
However, despite the effectiveness, the proposed scheme requires certain mental efforts, and any delay is a loss of fuse and energy, which disappear transiently with each hour of delay. Modern CMS ( content management systems ), including WordPress ( hereinafter referred to as WP ): allow you to easily create your own blog for free – and almost without effort! Following the instructions will effectively guide the user through the world of the intuitive interface of WP.CREATE A SITE NOW!CHOOSE A SITE DESIGNER
What is required of you? – Show a little patience and carefully follow the instructions of the detailed step-by-step instructions, which is located just below. Thirty minutes. Spend only thirty minutes of personal time – and you will gain knowledge of how to create your blog on the Internet for free, and not just any blog! – A beautiful, fully functional, working – which will remain at your full disposal.
For an exemplary example, we set a goal: to create our own blog, which will cover the details of the author’s life and attitude. And in order to reject doubts – look at the screenshot what you will own in just half an hour or faster (it all depends on your speed)!Content
Preparing to install WordPress
Why is the WP engine so wildly popular? The elementary nature of the creation process and the enormous opportunities – of course, but also the amazing unpretentiousness of the technical component. It is enough to configure once – and only notifications of outgoing updates flash in the control panel and instantly disappear after confirming ” update “.
Taking the willpower into a fist and paying a little attention, you will learn the tricks of installing and configuring a WordPress site for a local server. And right now – the first task! Download WordPress – engine distribution from the main page of the official website: http://en.wordpress.org.
Instantly uploading a website to the Internet is not a good idea (a question of reputation and rare indexing of content by search engines). It is strongly recommended that you get used to CMS, organize a high-quality design, screw in all the nuts and cogs for your personal taste … a local server is an ideal way out! To run the site within the computer, you will need the Denwer program.
Do not be afraid – there is very little “eating”, it is installed “at once” and the system does not load. More details are described in the article “ How to create your website ”, but for now – the second task! Download the installation package from the main page of the official website:
An important point! After clicking the “ Download Denver ” button , you need to select the version of PHP 5.3 – and only after that click “ download ”. You will need to enter personal data – do not be alarmed. The only thing that matters is that the email must be real, this is where the download link comes in. On the same site you can find detailed training video lessons.
Install WordPress on a local server
Download Denwer? Installed? – Go to the ” home ” folder , which by default is located at: C: WebServershome . Inside the “ home ”, create a folder, set the name of the site (any) as a name, for example, “ sait.ru ”, inside the created folder, write the second with the permanent name “ www ” – here we copy the files from the WordPress distribution. Compare with the screenshot – it should work out as well! Pay particular attention to the address bar.
Now to the point! The actual installation process for WordPress:
- Launch Denver from the shortcut on the Start Denwer desktop .
- Open a browser window and in the address bar enter the line: http://127.0.0.1/denwer/ .
- The page opens: scroll down until we see the line “ phpMyAdmin – DBMS Administration ”, click.
- In the new window that opens, we meet the ” Create new database ” field , enter the name of the future database. An important point is that only Latin is allowed, you can not use various characters. Click ” Create ” – you just created a database.
- Yandex.DirectWant to work for yourself?Web Studio “PEAR SOLUTION”
- Open a new browser tab and enter in the address bar the exact name of the site, which was invented by creating the “ home “ folder . An inscription appears: ” The tincture file has not been created ” – this is how it should be. Click ” Create a settings file ” – we observe the update of information on the screen and click ” Forward “.
The following fields will appear:Database name: baza (the name we gave the database in step 4)
Username: root (for the local server the username should always be like that!)
Password: (leave empty)
Database server: localhost (nothing in this line touch)
Table prefix: wp_ (don’t touch anything on this line)Click ” Submit .”
- We will see a message that the configuration file has been created successfully and proceed to the next step by clicking ” Run installation .” Here you will need to fill out a few more fields.The title of the site is the title , which in the pure form that you write will be visible to your visitors on the main page of the blog, for example, “ My blog about life ”.Username – fill in at your discretion, you can leave the default “ admin ”
Password and password confirmation – a standard recommendation to make it more reliable.
Your email is your real email inbox.
Privacy – leave it as it is to enable search engines to index the site.Click ” Install WordPress .”
Congratulations! The basic setup of WordPress is done – you can move on.* Attention! Remember to write down or write down (or better remember and write down) your username and password. This is your access to the admin panel for managing your blog.
WordPress Blog Template Change
On the vast network, there are a huge number of free templates for WordPress sites – any subject and genre. Only at the request of ” free themes for WordPress ” – tens of thousands of options are issued.
Specifically for this blog, the topic was selected on a random site. To change the style, follow the instructions.
- Download your favorite theme ( for your convenience, the theme used in the example can be downloaded here ).
- Transfer the folder with the downloaded theme to the C: WebServershomesait.ruwwwwp-contentthemes section .
- Go to the admin panel of the site by driving into the address bar of the browser: http://sait.ru/wp-admin (here you will need to enter the login and password obtained in step 6 of the section ” Installing WordPress on the local server “).
- In the menu on the left, select the item “ Appearance ” / “ Themes ”.
- Select the theme we downloaded and click “ Activate ”.
Voila! The whole procedure takes a minute to complete.
The basic setup of a WordPress blog is divided into two stages:
- Installation and configuration of all major additions;
- WP Security Settings.
Useful WordPress Plugins
CMS functionality is determined by the capabilities of additional extensions. To date, the creation of a site on WordPress does not even seem without the use of a number of useful plugins. The only point is that each add-on installed increases the load on the server and, accordingly, slows down the speed of the site, so it is important to be able to select only important plugins and discard unnecessary ones.
- Rus-To-Lat is a plugin that forms a human-readable page address (CNC). This is needed to a greater extent for search engine optimization blog, and as a result of attracting more visitors to the site.
- Si Captcha Anti-Spam – the more popular the site, the more susceptible to spam attacks that can spoil the comments of any blog. Si Captcha Anti-Spam involves entering captcha before posting comments, which stops bots and significantly reduces the interest of spammers in the site. If the budget allows, then as an alternative, you can use the undisputed leader among anti-spam plugins – Akismet. By default, it is already installed in the WordPress distribution, but is not activated, since it is paid.
- Anti-Xss Attack – also belongs to the class of plugins that protect the site. From the name of the add-on itself it is clear that it is designed to protect the site from XSS attacks. The plugin tells the administrator that he goes to the admin panel with the GET or POST parameters. This may be an attack signal, or it may not be, according to the author of the supplement. So, if you are not a professional in network security, the plugin will be useless to you.
- The Platinum SEO Pack is a rich extension of CMS’s search engine optimization blog features. Not a single webmaster involved in promoting his sites under WordPress can’t do without it.
- Dagon Design Sitemap Generator is another useful addition that creates a complete site map, performing two functions at once – visitors get a “content” page for all site topics as in a book, and search robots have convenient access to new site pages, which speeds up their indexing.
- WP-Polls is a complete poll module on the site. Proper use of surveys can be invaluable to webmasters to improve their site.
- Google XML Sitemaps with Multisite support – creates a sitemap.xml page designed exclusively for search bots visiting the site. This map is an attribute of any site.
Downloaded plugins can be packed either in a single PHP file or in a folder with a list of styles, parameters and design files. You can not waste time and “ download ” everything in one archive. Unpack into the plugins folder , activate and use!
Install and configure plugins in WordPress
Do you think it will be difficult? – You are mistaken!
- Download the plugin (file or folder with files);
- Copy to the folder: C: WebServershomemyblog.ruwwwwp-contentplugins ;
- We go into the admin panel and activate through the ” Plugins ” menu section .
After activating some plugins, you may need to manually configure them.
Configuring the Rus-To-Lat Plugin
The fundamental addition recommended for installation in the first place (so that the addresses already at the start have a completely human appearance). There are no internal settings, but a minimal adjustment will be needed:
- In the ” Options ” menu section , select the ” Permalinks ” item ;
- In the settings window, change the item “Default” to ” Arbitrary “, and in the opposite field, write: /% postname% / .
This change means that the address of the newly created pages will coincide with the names indicated in the entries. To complete, click ” Save Changes .”
Anti-Xss Attack – no configuration required.
Configuring the Dagon Design Sitemap Generator Plugin
After activating the plugin, we find the item “DDSutemapGen ” in the “ Settings” tab . On the settings page, just change the language in the “ Language ” field – by selecting “ Russian ” and clicking “ Update options ” – the changes will immediately take effect. Other options can be left by default, but if desired, you can make more fine-tuning.
Next, create a new page where the map of your blog will be displayed (section ” Pages “, item ” Add new “).
Page creation conditions:
- Headline (something intuitive to visitors is recommended, for example, “ Blog Map ” or “ Content ”);
- Choice of the HTML mode ;
- Insertion in the text field of the tag:;
- Save page: “ Publish ”.
Setting up the Platinum SEO Pack Plugin
After activating the Platinum SEO Pack, an independent menu item appears in the admin panel menu – Platinum SEO with extensive settings. As in the case of the Dagon Design Sitemap Generator – almost everything is configured here, you need to fill in only three fields.
- Home title
- Home description
- Home Keywords (comma separated)
How to fill in – save the changes by clicking the “ Update Option ” button .
Configuring Si Captcha Anti-Spam Plugin
Activation is enough for this plugin. Thin settings are available for professionals right there, which can be called up by pressing “ Settings ”:
Setting up the Google XML Plugin Sitemaps with Multisite support
After activating the plugin you need to enter in the section “setting the Settings » – and the newly opened page, create a map of the site, as shown in the screenshot below:
Configuring the WP-Polls Plugin
Like the Platinum SEO Pack, this add-on creates a new menu item “ Polls ” in the admin panel.
The “ Add Polls ” button creates a new poll.
The survey code is manually inserted directly into the site – to do this, go to the Widgets tab in the Appearance section.
The “Polls” widget is an installed module with polls, and to appear on the site – just drag it to the column on the right, holding the left mouse button on the widget. Done? Then you will have the opportunity to configure the output of polls to the site.
- Title – the title of the survey module, for example, “ Our survey ”.
- Display Polls Archive Link Below Poll? – Show visitors a link to closed polls?
- Yes – Yes
- No – No
- Poll To Display : – Poll on the site
- Do NOT Display Poll (Disable) – Disable polls
- Display Random Poll – Show random polls from the list of active
- Display Latesr Poll – Show the last poll created
Active polls are listed below, choose any – and visitors will see only him on the site!
Installation and configuration of CMS is solemnly declared closed. You could see how easily the frame is created, the design changes and plugins are installed. So we almost answered the question of how to create a blog on WordPress – nine tenths of the way has already been done! It remains just a little – get ready, the fun begins.
Getting started with WordPress
The most insignificant, but the most secret stage. A control shot, a final check on how to create your blog for free on the Internet. Will it work out? .. In the upper section of the ” Records ” menu there is a ” Rubrics ” item – only a step separates you from a full site!
Additional explanations, in general, are not needed – the process is intuitive and devoid of any subtleties. Each field that needs to be completed is provided with a hint in Russian – and this completely eliminates the majority of difficulties.
Generate the required number of categories – and you can begin to create the first post. Select “ Add New ” in “ Records ”. Creating a blog post on WordPress is not fundamentally different from working in a standard text editor.
A heading is created, an optimal section for a future post is selected, a post is created directly. The hotkey bar allows you to cope with the remarkable formatting of the text.
And if any nuances remain incomprehensible … watch the video! A good example is that creating a blog for free is very easy!
The video will help you to make sure how easy it is to create a website on WordPress
Now you know how to create your blog on the Internet on WordPress – difficulties should not appear. Do not put off until tomorrow a blog that can earn today! If you already have a blog or long-playing plans – it will be useful to familiarize yourself with the methods of ” earning o the site .”
Did building a WordPress site seem complicated? No problem! Use the unique Wix websit builder – minimum actions, maximum results! Or you can choose one of the best site designers in our review .CREATE A SITE NOW!CHOOSE A SITE DESIGNER
In Wix, you will find the built-in Drag & Drop editor , merging with social networks, instructional videos and step-by-step instructions, a 24/7 support center, free hosting and your own unique domain, lots of free content / design / music – a complete solution for those who value their own time and wants to get an excellent, working site.