Typically, if you have a look at a very nice picture, chances are you’ll surprise the place it was taken. Whereas a picture of the la tour Eiffel, the Golden Gate Bridge, or the Kremlin reveals immediately the place it was taken, the identical can’t be mentioned for areas which are much less engraved in our minds.
If the photographer doesn’t reveal the place the picture was taken, you could have little choices to seek out that out by yourself. Whilst you may do a reverse picture search and hopefully discover matching pictures that reveal extra, it’s typically the case that the hassle is fruitless.
So-called EXIF knowledge or metadata might present further clues, supplied that the knowledge has been saved within the first place and never been deleted by the photographer or editor of the picture earlier than it was revealed. Instruments like Exif Pilot Editor or ExifTool present modifying choices.
Nirsoft up to date two Home windows instruments this week that introduce a helpful choice to lookup the picture’s location on Google Maps. The function works just for .jpg pictures and provided that GPS info is obtainable as metadata. Whereas that limits the usefulness considerably, as many pictures might not be supplied as JPG pictures or might not include the mandatory GPS info, it’s higher than not having such an choice in any respect.
All it’s a must to do to make use of the brand new function is the next:
- Obtain both one of many following instruments: PropertySystemView or ExifDataView. Each applications are free and moveable. The core distinction between the 2 applications is that ExifDataView might solely learn metadata of JPG pictures whereas PropertySystemView metadata of different recordsdata, e.g. Workplace paperwork, as effectively. ExifDataView is appropriate as much as Home windows 8.1, PropertySystemView helps all supported variations of Home windows and a few unsupported ones (notably Home windows 7).
- Extract the downloaded archive and run the applying on the system.
- Open a jpg picture within the utility that you simply simply ran.
- Proper-click in the primary window of this system after the picture has been loaded and choose “Open location in Google Maps”.
- This system opens the situation utilizing Google Maps within the default net browser of the system.
Whereas it’s potential to verify the knowledge manually to open the situation on Google Maps, it’s often faster to make use of one of many two Nirsoft applications for that.
Now You: do you utilize Nirsoft instruments? In that case, which?
Thanks for being a Ghacks reader. The publish Open the situation a photograph was taken on Google Maps with these Home windows instruments appeared first on gHacks Expertise Information.